Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pre-travel Jitters

After months of financial and thoughtful preparation, I recently came to the conclusion that I could not possibly prepare for the intense emotions that now weigh on my chest, or for the vast sense abandon I feel in anticipation of leaping beyond the boundaries of my comfort zone. It is happening! My ticket is in hand and bags are packed (well, almost). What makes this unbearably overwhelming is the tsunami of change: new house, new roommate, new experience, and new way of life. The novel and unknown are creating the foundation for my newly discovered independence. I organized, arranged funding, and will embark on this crazy experience alone...Not to say that I am the only one doing this program, but rather that this choice is one I made alone, as have all of the other students. By exercising my independence in this way, I expect to be more connected to the world around me, because my vision will no longer be clouded by the comfort of society's embrace. Most importantly, this journey will bring me closer to myself - who I was, who I am, and who I want to become. Hakuna Matata!

No comments:

Post a Comment